Author Topic: a few questions  (Read 1291 times)

nickcc60

• n00balicious
a few questions
« on: May 15, 2004, 08:20:43 PM »
Two questions I was hoping somebody could help me out with:

1 - I managed to tear off the front plastic piece (skid plate?) on the bottom of my car going up fishing last week.  I talked to the dealership and they said $150 - $200!!!  Does anyone know a place I could get one of these cheaper, or it is maybe something that I don't even need to replace?

2 - My headlights are pretty yellow and cloudy.  Is there a way to clean the inside?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
a few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »
well, as for the belly ban, which is what I think you are talking about, you don't really need it, but it does help with cooling due to forced air ducts that are on it.  They are very expensive.  A carbon fiber one is in the works from what i know...but unless you can find a sues one, that is the price you are looking at.  It also helps to keep road grime out of your ending bay.

as for your headlights, if they are yellowed, it may be the plastic, not sure you can fix that.  Was the car parked outside a lot?  Seems that the plastic yellows and hazes up with excessive UV exposure.  You can try to take the back part out and see if you can get in there, but I doubt you will have the results you are looking for.  You can probably get some of the old headlights from several members around here, the ones that have upgraded to the E-codes or Xenons.  I am sure they will cut you a deal on their OEM lights.  Do you have a B5 or B5.5.  If you have a B5.5, I have a set of flawless lamps, fully equiped that we can work a deal on.  Let me know.

cheers
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

a few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
a few questions
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:15:41 AM »
If you have a B5, I can help out with a set of OEM's.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

nickcc60

• n00balicious
a few questions
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 08:15:14 PM »
yeah, I have a b5 (98)  How much would you want for them?

nickcc60

• n00balicious
a few questions
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 08:15:57 PM »
yeah, I have a b5 (98)  How much would you want for them?

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
a few questions
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 05:50:01 PM »
PM sent.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!