Author Topic: Product Reviews and FAQs  (Read 2600 times)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Product Reviews and FAQs
« on: April 29, 2004, 07:45:28 PM »
So I have asked on a number of occasions for some help with getting some FAQs and Reviews together for the site so we can all benefit from each others experiences.

On the left nav of the site there are links for FAQ and for Reviews.  Under Reviews you can see my review of the product Back to Black.  I know that there have been some posts recentl in the forums both good and bad about experienced with certain products or businesses.  

I think it would be really beneficial that if you have a good product recommendation that you fill out a review to have it added to the site.

So once again I ask, if you can spare some time to add valuable content to the site, please submit reviews for prducts, services and businesses, both good and bad.  

Also, if someone has some time to start putting together some FAQs that would be great.  Some ideas would be, definitions, commonly used terms.  Different engine codes, paint codes, transmissions. Details on suspension and chips.  Stuff like that.

Anyway, I just really want this site to be as useful of a tool as possible and I feel that we have a strong enough knowledge base and expereince base that we can get the quality content we need.

Thanks for taking the time to read and let me know if you have any questions.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:18:07 PM »
I agree with you Jay.  Between all of us here, we do have lots of knowledge that can be of invaluable help to others.

I'll work on creating some reviews of the products I have in the next week or so and I encourage all of you to do the same.  Especially if you don't like it and why.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 07:18:07 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:56:08 PM »
Well here is my first product review.

Unfortunately, it is a somewhat negative one.

ABD Rear 28mm swaybar.  I got this second hand from a clubb5 member, so I may still be able to fix it, but that is still in the works.  

This thing requires you drill through the solid rear axle for the B5, which isn't too big of a deal, although it is time consuming.  The one I got did not include the hardware to mount to the bottom of the shock in the rear.  Due to this extending the space needed, it required a new bolt.  I called ABD on this and they indicated (after about 10 emails and 2 calls) that it was not included and that I could pick on up at a hardware store.  

That's not good.  I can't imagine buying a part that requires a new bolt that they wouldn't include it.  Hmmm...

So with the bolt I have on now, it rattles like mad, so I will give this a 3 out of 5 stars.  

I does definitely help my understeer with aggressive driving, but it is something that you will only notice near the limits.  It flattens out the car in turns and will be most noticeable the more aggressive your suspension is.

Thanks,
Winston

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 02:59:25 PM »
You should at that to the review section homie.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 03:21:26 PM »
When I get some spare time this weekend. I'll add an easily comparable chip spec post. So you can go to one place for stats on chips for S4, A4, B5, GTI, Jetta.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 04:51:57 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
You should at that to the review section homie.

Done (I didn't see it before because I was looking for a forum...)

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 04:35:46 PM »
First off thanks to those that have contributed to the reviews and FAQs.

I know I nag for them, but there is a reason and that reason is this:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39839

As you can see, the information we have on this site is not only valuable to us, but to people across the pond.  So as always. if you guys have a review, good or bad on a product or service related to our cars then write one.

It doesn't have to be a novel, just details of your experiece with the product/service and your rating.

Thanks.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 05:19:52 PM »
No new products for me as of yet, but the next thing I will get, I will be sure and review it.  I agree that a honest review will go a long way for someone, and you never know who that will be, so be objective.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Product Reviews and FAQs
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 12:37:19 AM »
I just submitted one, but I think it chopped off the end of it and for some reason there were no paragraphs....

Anyway, I do have a few more I will write up.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner