Author Topic: URGENT---MISSING TOOLS  (Read 5624 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« on: May 02, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »
As much fun as we had yesterday, this kinda bumms me out. I have no problem letting everyone come on over and use the tools, but a lot of things have gone missing...

16mm box end wrench
14mm box end wrench
13mm box end wrench
11mm box end wrench
7mm box end wrench

small and thin Craftsman standard head screw driver, clear handle/with blue and red on it

3/8" drive socket wrench with 3" extension and 6" extension
1/2" drive socket wrench with 3" extension
-----those are expensive replacements, so please, please get those back to me...ASAP as I have urgent need for them this week!!!  All I have left is my 1/4" little dinky socket srench....makes it hard to so sways on an allroad and other work without them.  

Sockets:
10mm 3/8" drive, 6point
16mm 3/8" drive, 12 point
17mm both 3/8" and 1/2" drives, the 3/8" drive was the deep socket teh 1/2" was a 12 point, the 3/8" deep was a 6 point.  I can not take off wheels without those...also VERY important that I get those back ASAP!!!!

A leatherman

and a battery to my Dewalt cordless drill...god only knows where that could have gone

As far as I can tell, that is it for now, I have done complete look throughs of all the drawers and all over the floor and outside, and after about 3 hours of sorting and cleaning, this is what i have come up with.

All my tools are craftsman, so if you grabbed them by mistake, please get them back, I will even come pick them up if need be...i need them real soon.

No issues if they were grabbed by accident, I just want them back, no questions asked.

cheers
jon

RobD

• Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 03:51:20 PM »
Jon - Not sure what happened after I left but I returned the 6" extension for the 3/8 socket when i finished my spark plugs.  I put it in the drawer with the gap tool and the copper thread stuff.  I brought all the other tools I used.  

I know how you feel.  My torque wrench no longer works. :(

Thanks again for letting us come over.  I hope there is a speedy return of everything because that would allow us to have more GTG in the future.  Take care.

Rob

Rocky Mountain Club B5

URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 03:51:20 PM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 03:53:09 PM »
Couldnt have been me.  Just hope you get them back because I know Craftsman stuff isnt cheap to replace just one item outside of its normal kit.

Steve

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 03:57:59 PM »
Rob, I know you put that back, so it was sometime after your plugs...I still have the gapper and the copper thread stuff in that drawer...who knows where it went after you used it.  I totally appreciated you telling what you were grabbing and putting it back, and taking responsibility for the tools...

As for your torque wrench, we never even used it for Andrew's car, we could not get it to work, it just spun and spun and we could not set the torque rating on it...so we did them by hand.

That is another thing I need to pick up, a torque wrench, but I am gonna go craftsman, but they only warranty those for a year, not life time due to the frequency of breaking...and as much as I take wheels off an on between my cars and everyone elses...I bet that is about as long as it would last.

Steve, I know it was you, you came in from the east coast, swiped my tools, and made a run for it, I see how you east coast people are...hehehe

Noob_Shum

• Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 04:36:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that Jon, hope everything is found and returned. I have (I think) my brother's torque wrench with an extender thingie on it. But that was the only thing i picked up as far as tools.  Thanks again for letting us come over, I had a great time.

Jonathan

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 05:05:02 PM »
that's a bummer, sorry to hear about that.
I don't think I have any of those items or even used them, but anyways I'll search my car just in case.

BTW, did I leave a yellow extension cord (with illuminated sockets) behind?
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
Re: URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2004, 05:05:29 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
As much fun as we had yesterday, this kinda bumms me out. I have no problem letting everyone come on over and use the tools, but a lot of things have gone missing...

16mm box end wrench
14mm box end wrench
13mm box end wrench
11mm box end wrench
7mm box end wrench

small and thin Craftsman standard head screw driver, clear handle/with blue and red on it

3/8" drive socket wrench with 3" extension and 6" extension
1/2" drive socket wrench with 3" extension
-----those are expensive replacements, so please, please get those back to me...ASAP as I have urgent need for them this week!!!  All I have left is my 1/4" little dinky socket srench....makes it hard to so sways on an allroad and other work without them.  

Sockets:
10mm 3/8" drive, 6point
16mm 3/8" drive, 12 point
17mm both 3/8" and 1/2" drives, the 3/8" drive was the deep socket teh 1/2" was a 12 point, the 3/8" deep was a 6 point.  I can not take off wheels without those...also VERY important that I get those back ASAP!!!!

A leatherman

and a battery to my Dewalt cordless drill...god only knows where that could have gone

As far as I can tell, that is it for now, I have done complete look throughs of all the drawers and all over the floor and outside, and after about 3 hours of sorting and cleaning, this is what i have come up with.

All my tools are craftsman, so if you grabbed them by mistake, please get them back, I will even come pick them up if need be...i need them real soon.

No issues if they were grabbed by accident, I just want them back, no questions asked.

cheers
jon

jon -  You are joking right?  I thought it was bad when Rob told me his torque wrench was broken, but it only gets worse...

If someone picked up a socket by mistake, and is going to return it, fine; i understand things happen..

But come on people this is a whole lots of tools.  Jon was nice enough to let us come over, hang out, borrow his garage and all his tools and this is how we repay him??

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2004, 05:36:47 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"
that's a bummer, sorry to hear about that.
I don't think I have any of those items or even used them, but anyways I'll search my car just in case.

BTW, did I leave a yellow extension cord (with illuminated sockets) behind?

Yes Alan, you did, sent that on a seperate email...maybe you did not get that....

I can either bring it to you this week or if you are up this way, you can pick it up.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2004, 05:40:14 PM »
Quote from: "Eric18T"

If someone picked up a socket by mistake, and is going to return it, fine; i understand things happen..

But come on people this is a whole lots of tools.  Jon was nice enough to let us come over, hang out, borrow his garage and all his tools and this is how we repay him??

eric, I am sure the missing tools are unintentional, I would never expect anyone from this group, and I mean anyone, to intentionally take anything.  There were a lot of tools out and about, many people had several sets, including other craftsman things...so it is easy to see how somethings got mixed up...just that the things that are missing are what I basically use most of the time for most of my projects and other peoples brakes...so I need them back real, real quick...

I appreciate everyone looking for these, I am sure they will turn up soon..

cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2004, 06:21:42 PM »
:cry: OMG! Jon I feel your pain, I have the same problem except not tools, mostly socks and silverware from my kitchen, god only knows where it all went. hope every thing is found. Pics from the GTG look great by the way.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 06:26:18 PM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"
I have the same problem, socks and silverware from my kitchen, god only knows where it all went.
Greg

Hmmmm, why do you have socks in your kitchen? hehehe....are those your hot pads? or your coffee filters?

cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2004, 06:28:35 PM »
Both actually. It pays to be resourceful. Hahaha.

Fugazi

Noob_Shum

• Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2004, 06:29:13 PM »
LOL  crazy psycho dog or cat that keeps stealing stuff ? And what Jon said, why socks in the Kitchen??  :P

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2004, 07:37:43 PM »
Jon I am sorry.  I am probably your major culprit.  I tried to keep things separate.  It is possible that either myself or someone else may have dropped something in by accident.  What is your schedule either tomorrow evening or Tuesday noon?  I can bring my toolbox up and we can sort through it.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 07:49:39 PM »
I am open all week pretty much. I can come to you if you find any tools Dave.  I don't have to work again until Friday night.  

So, if you find them, let me know and I can come pick them up on either Monday night or Tuesday at noon if that works for you.

cheers
jon

shummer

• Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2004, 07:51:24 PM »
Hey Jon,

My bro has my 1/2" torque wrench and 6" extension. I've got my only 17mm socket which is shallow, but I'll check my car again. Those are the extent of the tools I brought Saturday.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2004, 07:53:15 PM »
How about tomorrow evening between 5:30 and 6:00pm?  I will be comming from downtown.  I have no problem bringing my toolbox up. I figure we can sort through it.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2004, 07:54:47 PM »
thanks Andrew, any help in finding them would be much appreciated, if you do come across anything on the list, let me know and I will come to you to pick them up...

I appreciate everyone looking, I am sure they will all turn up.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2004, 07:56:56 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
How about tomorrow evening between 5:30 and 6:00pm?  I will be comming from downtown.  I have no problem bringing my toolbox up. I figure we can sort through it.

Dave, that sounds great, you got my number if you need to call me.  If it is gonna be much later than that, make sure to call me, I have dinner plans about that time, but will push them back a bit if you are coming over, otherwise, let me knwo what else works for you.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2004, 09:22:09 PM »
I have your cell number, I will call that if anything changes.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2004, 11:24:22 PM »
I definitely have some of your tools.  I was cleaning out the trunk and took a look in the toolbox.  I found the 16mm box end wrench, the 3" 3/4 extension and possibly some of the other missing parts.  I did not have your list with me at the time, but rest assured you will have tools coming back.  Not sure how or why I ended up with them, sorry.

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2004, 03:24:59 AM »
Sorry for the lost tools Jon.  So you know, I defiantly returned the long blade regular screwdriver, a 10mm, 11mm, 12mm 1/4" drive sockets, and the 1/4" drive ratchet.  I also returned the medium blade Phillips screwdriver as well.  

Hopefully you get everything back, but if things do not turn up, I would propose that we all chip in to help you get those tools replaced.

Take care,

Jason
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2004, 10:48:58 AM »
Dave, thanks for all the looking, I am sure they will turn up, just call me if you can't make it...I am dog sitting for a friend today and need to meet her after work so I can give Maui back to her...

Jason, I know things will turn up, it may just take a little bit for people to realize it, as they check in to the internet and all...most people have a life, so they don't check in every hour like me...hehehe.  I have faith in everyone that was here, I just need them back, need to replace the shocks on my friend Nancy's golf this week...so that is why all the urgency, a lot of those sizes are exactly what I need!!!

cheers
jon

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2004, 12:31:44 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
LOL  crazy psycho dog or cat that keeps stealing stuff ? And what Jon said, why socks in the Kitchen??  :P

Jon guessed it right the first time, coffee filters and hot pads. :lol:  :lol:

Fugazi

Noob_Shum

• Modded
URGENT---MISSING TOOLS
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2004, 12:57:47 PM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"

Jon guessed it right the first time, coffee filters and hot pads. :lol:  :lol:

LOL!!!  :lol:  too funny! But I bet I would be doing something like that, if I didn't have a chick for a roomate, things that were fine by me (ugly arse FREE couch from a friend) suddenly became not ok when I got a female roomate  :P  

Jonathan