Author Topic: New Mod, curtousey of a hit and run driver.  (Read 2269 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
New Mod, curtousey of a hit and run driver.
« on: May 22, 2004, 05:06:02 PM »
I am the proud owner of  a 2001 dented and damaged VW Jetta.  It appears a nice kind muther f'er backed in to my Jetta in a parking lot (i parked out in the back 9 near no one) and  broke my grill, dented in my plastic bumper and cracked the valance. The passanger headlight no longer points straight and it has this nice black shit on top of my pristine white paint.. :mad:

So i guess i need to find a body shop to get an estamate to fix and then call the insurance company.. I went to the police department after it happened and filed a accident report.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 07:11:54 PM »
OMG!!  :cry:  :evil:   Sorry to hear that man, that sucks...  Gotta love it when idiots run into you and then take off without a note.  Hope it all gets fixed soon.

Jonathan

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 07:11:54 PM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 08:40:28 PM »
Quote from: "Noob_Shum"
OMG!!  :cry:  :evil:   Sorry to hear that man, that sucks...  Gotta love it when idiots run into you and then take off without a note.  Hope it all gets fixed soon.

Jonathan

If you guys could provide a list here of GOOD body shops, price is not really the issue since the insurance will cover anything above my deductable (damn $500 deductable).  If i could find a flexable shop, i am thinking of getting the Votex front bumper and getting my rear valance paited to match while it is there... Any ideas or sugestions?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 09:28:48 PM »
SVE in Broomfield is outstanding...they have done amazing work for many people on the Audiworld forum...and they are right next to ASW...nice combination.

sorry to hear about the damage, that sucks.

cheers
jon

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2004, 11:56:06 PM »
Satisfied with McDonald's Collision Center. Not sure how flexible they are to adding mods.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 01:48:20 AM »
I am very sorry to hear of your accident.  :-(   We seem to be starting the summer run on a bad note for many people.

Stay away from McDonald's!!!  Sorry Andrew, but I am still having issues from their idiocy.  Last summer when I had to replace my left fender, I had to take the car back because they did a lousy clear coat on the driver side door.  I am still having various electrical issues with the door.  I finally took apart the door and found out that the geniuses pinched a wire bundle going back to the door lock assy. board and shorted out the motor.  All the zip tie clips were broken that were supposed to route the bundle clear of any screws.  I will never use McDonald’s again!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 03:38:02 AM »
I feel your pain as well, last November my 99 S-10 was parked outside my apartment and someone worked it over pretty good with what seemed to be a large flat blade screwdriver. I had to have the whole thing repainted from srcatch. 3400 bucks hurts, thank god for insurance.

Good luck, maby you can find the bastards some day.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 01:25:50 PM »
Damn Eric that really stinks.  I bet you saw red!

The only place I've been to down here is right off of Colorado just South of County Line.  It's called Southeast Auto Body and they do great work.  They are not cheap but since the insurance will cover it, that's not an issue.

Good luck!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 03:20:11 PM »
I had my car put back together, after my friend backed in to it, at Fairway Collision.  They are located at I-25 and County Line Road.

They were great, 1 week to do the work, good price and excellent work.  They also warranty all their work for 5 years :-D .  I have no doubt they will work with you on the After-market work you want done.

Sorry to hear of the loss, hope it all is worked out soon.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065