Author Topic: New FMIC... It's in! new pics added.  (Read 6244 times)

Chas

• Modded
New FMIC... It's in! new pics added.
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2004, 08:29:33 PM »
Also, a little update, The IC and car has been running very well this summer. The outside air temps need to be in the mid 90's before the car starts to pull back timing and boost due to heat.

Add to that the 93.5 octane gas that JR turned me onto and the car is now a complete stormer!!!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2004, 04:26:47 AM »
Thanks Chas... I am going to need to work something up for the brackets.  Im still not sure how I am going to mount it, but I will find someway to do it.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2004, 04:26:47 AM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2004, 11:59:55 AM »
I'm going to get the same core. I just can't right yet...my dog's CC bill is almost paid off. When I do though, Chas, maybe I can take it over to your place and do a test fit with it.

I don't know how long you plan on waiting Steve, but I could work with Chas hopefully in the next month or so and then we can send you what you need or at least have pics for you to follow...I dunno. Chas? Steve? Whadda think?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2004, 10:58:50 PM »
Well I just finished ordering my core tonight.  I plan on ordered the rest of the pipes and silicone hoses later this week.  I have to want for a credit to come back from Paypal and I should be set.

Im going to see what all I have available here because I really need to get this in ASAP.  The oil cooler I bought has been on hold until I find a fmic because the oil cooler will go where the side mounted one goes.  The stock oil cooler leaks coolant and I need to get that taken care of.

Here is the link where I ordered mine from.  They are based out of Canada but should still be a pretty good deal.  Shipped was $40, but still for $239, its a whole lot better then the Paragon core at $400.

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=360

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2004, 11:02:13 AM »
Yeah, my wife is kinda like "eh" on the intercooler right now. So I'm probably gonna have to wait anyway. Get it in, take some pics and let me know where you get the piping...VWOTG is my deadline here only because it's the first main event of driving season.

I think my brakes are almost nothing now so I'll probably have to get those before the FMIC. :roll:  eh. cars. :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner