Author Topic: Vegas Forumla 1 Trip  (Read 2133 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:49:22 AM »
Here's your chance Guys:
Please post as necessary on other boards:

I would like a head count on those could make a trip to Vegas for a chance to take some formula 1 lessons and then drive 180+ around the speedway.

Cost is going to be determined by number that will attend. Vegas is a great place to make some deals. Hotel accomodations will most likely be very cheap and the driving school will be deeply discounted.

I have few connections I'm working with right now to put something together. The more people the better the cost. I can probably take more than one group down if enough people are interested. Of course, we would be driving down.

Please email if you could realistically go: vegasdriveschool@yahoo.com

Please don't email questions or post them on the boards. I'll be updating the posts as things progress and let you know when you can email questions. Thanks.

For the general goods, check: http://www.driving101.com/default.shtm
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

shummer

• Modded
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 12:35:21 PM »
Afterwards, we can count some cards playing Blackjack and "break Vegas".

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 12:35:21 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 12:41:27 PM »
LOL, break Vegas. FYI, I will be in Vegas August 13 - 15.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 12:47:30 PM »
Why ya'll got to make fun of my serious effort here to bring enthusiasts a fantastic opportunity. Ya'll are mean...I'm hurt. I expect interest and I get mocked :(  :lol:  :P

Yes, I know nobody's mocking me. I just thought I'd play along. :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 01:16:12 PM »
No one is mocking you, I think it's great, I just laughed about breaking Vegas afterwards.

I could realisticaly go, I will e-mail you, but it would need ot be the dates I'm there :)  Of course I could always make something happen.

EDIT: E-mail sent.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 01:50:29 AM »
If the taxman hadn't broken me, I would be SO up for this!  But atm, I can't, living off credit is not what I consider fun  :cry:  :P   Need to pay off those credit cards, I hate credit card debt and am not used to it ;)  If you do go, let me know how it is, sounds like it would be a BLAST!!

Although, trying to keep up with Jason on our trip down to NM gave me enough high speed adrenaline for a lil while  :lol:  :P

Jonathan

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 04:20:38 AM »
damn it all the cool stuff comes up when i am broke!!!

quick someone tell me the winning numbers to wednesdays powerball or lotto, i'll split it with them...LOL

just out of curiosity, what do you think the ball park price/cost will be?
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 10:11:29 AM »
So far, interest has been nil with the exception of 1 person. I xposted on CB5 as well. I don't have Audiworld, vwvortex, or mini or any other  memberships on sites..so I'm not sure what's been xposted.
It all depends on how many people. Like I said, hotel's be reaaally cheap if not free and I would hope that the race cost for 16-20 laps or so is around the $500 mark give or take a few hundred dollars. It all depends on how many people I can get to go. But right now...not looking too positive :-(
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 11:32:35 AM »
If you want an excuse to go to Vegas, maybe we should caravan down in October for the next Racerfactory event there: http://www.racerfactory.com/events/?  It will cost a little less and give us a chance to learn to be better drivers in our own cars.  I'm hoping to go to Vegas for the Oct event or Phoenix for the Sept event.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 02:30:12 PM »
That would be great too. But the chance to drive Formula ones is just amazing...My grandparents live there too. So I've always got an excuse.
The deal I could get with enough people, could be huge too. I guess I thought There'd be a lot more interest then there is. Oh well. Maybe I'll just go then :cool:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 03:54:34 PM »
The schedule for the formula 1 school shows them being at Pikes Peak in Sept.  Maybe that would be more workable for folks?
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

RobD

• Modded
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 02:18:59 AM »
Ditto to what just posted.  I could make the Springs but I'm totally out for Vegas.

MattyB

• Stock
Vegas Forumla 1 Trip
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »
Hey, just getting back on the board after a looooong stretch of all work and no play.  

I checked out the "driving 101" link.  It says nothing about driving an F1 car (unless I'm not looking in the right place).  If so, I don't know if it is worth the $$.  Frankly, I think you guys would have more fun an open track day on a road course with your own cars.  Unless you buy the most expensive package, you are not even driving a real "champ car" (Indy Car).  You are driving a similar car that has a single speed gearbox....snooze, around an oval....double snooze.  From talking to you guys at the GTG's it seems that this is not really the kind of driving experince you guys are looking for.  Plus, it is a bit pricey. $1900 for the number of laps you get.

I know it is not vegas, but for the money, this is the ticket...http://www.bondurant.com/courses/courses.html.  I've done the two day high performance course and it rocked.  They use a private road course that links to a portion of Phoenix Int'l raceway.  The seat time is extensive.  I burned two sets of tires and two tanks of gas a day on that course.  Easily 6 hours of track time a day.  Summer rates right now allow you to drive the corvette Zo6 for $1,200.  Just a thought.

Cheers,
Matt