Author Topic: Let's RIDE!  (Read 2039 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Let's RIDE!
« on: May 05, 2004, 05:56:01 PM »
BUWAHAHAHAHA!!

My alignment is dialed in and have my summer shoes on.  My baby and I are ready to ride!  8)  :D
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Scuba2001

• Modded
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 06:07:48 PM »
Sounds good man.  Did you by any chance take pictures of the install of the arms?  Id like to see what they look like up top with all the new hardware.  Keep me posted as to how they ride.  Im really ready to jsut go out and order them sometime next month before my long road trip.

Steve

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Let's RIDE!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 06:07:48 PM »

shummer

• Modded
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 06:47:01 PM »
You looking for this one Steve?

Dave - how's the ride? How much did the alignment run?

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 07:08:38 PM »
Thanks for posting the pic Andrew.  The ride is very nice and firm, the floaty feeling is gone.  I did however find out that I need to get the wheels balanced at some point.

The whole job was $99.95 at Autosport Werks.
$69.95 for the base front end alignment.  They checked the back, but there is not much that can be done.
$15.00 for mounting the 18's
$15.00 for aligning aftermarket parts

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 07:48:47 PM »
I'll be going to AutoSport Werks here in a week of more to get my alignment done. I have to replace my tie ends first.

Speaking of lets ride I would like to go on a nice drive one of these weekends. You guys have had tons of garage days... I would think you would plan a drive to actually use your new mods and fixes...  Someone start something in the GTG forum  I'd be in for sure....
att

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 08:05:19 PM »
Quote from: "BlackA4"
I'll be going to AutoSport Werks here in a week of more to get my alignment done. I have to replace my tie ends first.

Speaking of lets ride I would like to go on a nice drive one of these weekends. You guys have had tons of garage days... I would think you would plan a drive to actually use your new mods and fixes...  Someone start something in the GTG forum  I'd be in for sure....

If you are planning on doing the tie's on your own, I can help.

BlackA4

• n00balicious
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 05:04:47 PM »
Thanks. I'll let ya know..
att

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 12:36:00 AM »
We are planning a drive June 19 or 20... perhaps we'll get in another one before then. I know everyone's busy with VWOTG, Sandia, and other things the next couple of weeks.. if you wanna try to do a drive over Memorial Day weekend or something, start a thread and see who's interested. I'd probably be in.
MWJD?

Rusty

• Lightly Modded
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 01:38:12 PM »
Darn I wish you could make the GTG - I'd really like to experience those control arms...

Thumbs up!
i]AEB Engines have better-flowing heads and a real throttle cable...[/i]

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Let's RIDE!
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 05:35:15 PM »
Man I wish I could have come down.  From what I have read, it was a blast!  

The control arms definitely make a difference.  The only downside I have seen is I have sort of a popping sound now and then.  The guy from Autosport Werks mentioned that I might experience that.  There is no problem with the equipment, just the sound of metal joints and the constant motion of the suspension.  I really only notice it on sharp turns.