Author Topic: Pedal Adjustment?  (Read 1126 times)

client_racing

• n00balicious
Pedal Adjustment?
« on: January 27, 2005, 07:56:41 PM »
Heel-toe-ing in my A4 is tough since the brake pedal is so much closer than the throttle.  Has any one here adjusted their pedals and are they even adjustable?  Or do I need to miraculously slim down a few shoe sizes [I'm a 11.5]?  Suggestions?  Should I just eat it and buy an RS6?
lient | FERRARA | services

-

client | FERRARA | racing

gragravar

• Supercar
Pedal Adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 08:16:12 PM »
Buy the RS6, then let me take it for a drive.   8)

Besides the tip only for us RS6's won't let you heal toe anyway.

that, and I don't think the A4's pedals are adjustable.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Pedal Adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 08:16:12 PM »

KevB

• Lightly Modded
Pedal Adjustment?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 03:38:05 AM »
Are you just learning to heel-and-toe, or just trying to adapt to the Audi?  My Gti pedals are the same way, but I've found that at least on the track the brakes fade enought that when going into a corner the brake pedal is far enough down that it's not really a problem.  
Or you can try positioning the ball of your foot right behind the big toe on the brake pedal and hitting the throttle with more of the side of your foot instead of the heel, it works for me and I'm a size 11.

Kevin
evB
2003 Gti 1.8T

client_racing

• n00balicious
Pedal Adjustment?
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 03:05:04 PM »
I'm trying to adapt... My little civic had pedals perfectly placed.  I've been hesitant to hop on the stock brakes without the new pads and brake lines [stainless steel].  I've used the side of my foot like you have and that works ok, but I need thick soled Addidas Superstars to really achieve it.  Hmmm guess I'll just have to get Brembo 8 pistons and slap on a GT30R with new engine internals and and a new ecu to compensate.
lient | FERRARA | services

-

client | FERRARA | racing

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Pedal Adjustment?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 10:51:21 PM »
Quote from: "client_racing"
I'm trying to adapt... My little civic had pedals perfectly placed.  I've been hesitant to hop on the stock brakes without the new pads and brake lines [stainless steel].  I've used the side of my foot like you have and that works ok, but I need thick soled Addidas Superstars to really achieve it.  Hmmm guess I'll just have to get Brembo 8 pistons and slap on a GT30R with new engine internals and and a new ecu to compensate.

Add some axles and a few busted knuckels to that list :lol:

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi