Author Topic: More problems with McD VW  (Read 1359 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
More problems with McD VW
« on: May 12, 2007, 04:52:30 AM »
a co-worker of mine recently bought a 2007 Jetta 2.0T, I believe it is a GLI.  She just took it in for them to put on a clear bra and do "paint protection"....what ever that means.  Well, to the tune of $800 for this "paint protection", they jacked up the clear bra and left the entire car scratched...like someone rubbed the car down with sand paper.  It is not shiny at all.  She is taking it in again on Monday for them to "wet sand and re-clear coat".

She told them if they can't get it right, she wants a new car.  They said they would give her a new one if she was not satisfied this go around.  I told her to get that in writing.

She is sick to her stomach, and has been back to the dealership 3 times now, and each time the paint gets worse.  I looked at it before I came in the hospital for work, and it truly looks like it was scratched with a fine sand paper.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: More problems with McD VW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »
When I got the Passat they tried to upsell me on that "paint protection." They pimp it like it's something where you don't ever have to wax your car.

That is just terrible, you know, they had my car for so long with the prominently displayed RMCB5 stickers, maybe we should toss a couple on her car. ;)

I really hope it works out for her, I know I would be extremely upset. I thought damaged wheels upset me, but the whole car.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 12:09:44 PM »
That is horrible.  IF she does get a new car have her go to Galen at Pro Tint.   He is absolutely brilliant and will do a way better job than the dealer and a 1/3 the cost. 

Hope is all works out for her.
Life's too short to be taken seriously