Author Topic: Been a while...but I have a question :)  (Read 1569 times)

UberGrrrl

• n00balicious
Been a while...but I have a question :)
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »
Hey guys- can't get into my old account anymore =(

Anyway I have a question, for those of you who remember the summer wheels I had on my passat- they are Flik Wasps 18x7.5 with the polished rim, anthracite. I have some falkens on them which have quite a bit of tread left (the wheels have literally been sitting in my garage the last 4 years).

I'm going to be moving & having a baby in less than 2 months and was thinking of putting these up for sale, what do you think would be a good price? They are in good shape, no rash or bends. I think I used them maybe 2 or 3 summers.

I'll probably put them up on Audiworld since I'm in Seattle and have no desire to ship these. I was guessing $400 or so?

Any thoughts?
Thanks ;)

Amanda

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Been a while...but I have a question :)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
your price seems right on. Usually $100 per wheel/tire is a safe bet, but if they are still in as good of shape that you keep things, don't take less than $350 for them.  Put them on quattroworld.com as well as audiworld.com is kinda gone now.  Also, craigslist, under audi, vw, and mercedes, I think they all run similar offsets, 5x112 and center bore.  I know Audi and VW do, but those might work great for a merc as well.

Miss ya girlie, and congrats on the little one on the way :-)

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »

UberGrrrl

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:45:08 PM »
Cool, thanks Jon. And thanks for the suggestions of the other sites. I didn't know AudiWorld crapped itself.

When I bring her out to colorado maybe we can let her experience her first garage day. ;) I don't know when I'll be out but I would imagine sometime this year.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:02:08 AM »
If the tires are old, like 5 or 6 years they are probably worthless, so @ $100/wheel it's still probably not a bad deal. Rubber goes bad unfortunately.

Hope you are doing well and congrats again on the upcomming bundle of joy. Your old username was tied to your CU email address I saw the bounce message. I can put in the email address for this account if you'd like so you can still come visit us. :D

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
Ahhhh....just like old times again.   :D
Like he said, the rubber is worthless.  I think those wheels were around $120-$150 new.  I think $350 is a fair price if they're in good shape.  Honestly, if you just want to get rid of them, I don't think accepting $300 for them is unfair, either.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson